FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome
Old Apr 9, 2013, 2:26 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
At first, this sounds a bit odd.
But the more I think about it, the more it starts to make sense to me...@:-)

Item 4) sounds a bit dubious without further elaboration. If what is meant by that is to price fares for positive cash flow from all segments, then yes, I tend to agree...if what is meant is a single "fair" fare price (i.e., on price for each class of service), then I am not so sure...

Questions:

--Do we still provide point-to-point service from the major markets in the EU to major markets in Asia and America? If so, what does that service look like?

--In general how do we segment the market?

--What does the Newco Global Air Services AG fleet look like?
Excellent questions- I will leave you to answer at the moment. If I were an airline CEO in Europe at the moment I would be looking very carefully at my strategic assumptions into the future and that the impact will be- not carrier specific however industry specific. I have a distinct feeling that a number of the problems within particularly the EU in reference to airlines come from a starting point that absolutely nothing about the current business model can change- and the result we get is what we have now. Perhaps this could even be correct- which explains why carriers such as Ryanair are able to start from zero and do something legacy carriers have not done consistently for years- create shareholder valuable which is sustainable.

PS: I am not advocating a Ryanair model for anyone- I am just using as an example.