FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! 3 Approvals for MB Plat, 3 Hard Pulls...
Old Apr 8, 2013, 12:54 pm
carpooltunnel

Unhappy Help! 3 Approvals for MB Plat, 3 Hard Pulls...

'ello All! On Friday evening I decided on a whim to apply for the MB Plat card. Got to the last page of the application, hit submit, and then either the AmEx site or my browser had an issue that lead to my browser wanting to close/crash. I was hesitant to resubmit so I decided to wait until Monday morning. Called in this morning and the very kind New Accounts CSR told me that I had 4 (!) pending MB Plat applications. He said that he would try to see how this happened, and somehow in the process I was approved for three of them, with the last still pending. We were both flummoxed as to how this happened, but I was further floored when he confirmed that each of the three approved cards had performed 3 hard credit inquiries. I certainly wasn't thrilled about any of this, but I maintained my composure and asked how this will be resolved. The CSR informed me that he will need to spend "a few hours" conferring with his supervisor about how to "reverse" the hard inquiries (I assume two of the three). He took down my best contact number and I am patiently awaiting a callback. I wanted to throw out three questions:
1. Has anyone ever heard of a similar multi app error for one product?
2. Has anyone ever heard of "reversing" hard inquiries? Knowing the credit agencies, if this even exists it seems like it would be a painful, stupidly protracted process.
3. Whether or not the inquiry reversal possible, does anyone feel that I should request or expect some kind of "apologetic" compensation? I'm generally not one for petty capitalization, as I understand errors are logically unavoidable, but my other half feels that I should suggest some sort of comp. for my troubles. I couldn't even begin to imagine what she would mean (neither does she). Maybe an annual fee waiver? I don't know, that seems excessive. What do you all think?