FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Name arrangement problems
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2013, 2:34 am
ernestnywang

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by kyle.tran
I am experiencing an issue that the name arrangement in US different with Asia ! So my name is 1234 which shows on my passport but the travel agent booked as 1432 as Last-First-Middle name (the American way- she said!). I called the agent but they yelled at me that should be ok THEN I called Asia Miles coz I cannot put the card number in for earning miles (they said they couldnt help coz the name on my Loyalty card match my passport and advised me to claim it after I have completed my flight) THEN I called cathay Los Angeles and they asked me to call the agent for name change due to the possibility of immigration problem may occur and blamed me for booking through an agent instead of online !? (I answered that their website only accept credit but not debit or check), refused to help and hung up on me intently right after that! I flew w them a few time w/o any problems so this is a shock to me and I am really frustrated right now and could not believe Cathay response to their customers like that as a 5 star airlines

Anyone have been in this missed name arrangement like be, any advices?
"Last/First Middle" is the right format either in Asia or America. Since you have done this several times before and had no problem, I imagine that it could be you simply enter the name in the wrong order for your FF card.