FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion
Old Apr 7, 2013, 2:33 pm
kauppias

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I fly very little on SK, but since Lufthansa made SEN practically unattainable (100% earnings on discount biz fares ) I put all *A flights to SK (and hope they'll survive) - they provide the best value for redemptions ex-FIN (think low intra-Scandinavia redemptions, think no-YQ)

My main program is BAEC and earning Gold there makes *G a very hit and miss affair even with SK - I'll just make it this month with only 1 week to spare.

When my AY gold expires, probably I'll give up Diners as well. I very rarely use its lounge access. The 2,5 AY+/€ points are good(ish) with no yearly fee, but once down to 2x and yearly fee, not worth keeping it.

My setup will be Amex as all-round card - the MR program is actually quite good and an SK cobranded MC for when Amex is not accepted.

Yes, when it comes to co-branded cards, we are even worse off than the Swedes are, and they aren't much spoiled either.

Sk redemtions are good, however the customer "service" to Finns is a joke now a days. After a super bad experience
I complained but got no satisfaction so I made it clear I wont spend 1€ on them until such time as they rectify it, ive kept my end of the bargain, now I just have to spend my stash

I recently changed my OW program to AA, so far im happy as even the lowest finnair fares gets 100% earnings. TK replaced SK for me time will show if it was worth it.

Its too bad AY doesnt put more into its own program, I will lose my AY gold in may...