FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COPA Upgrades for United members?
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2013, 1:36 pm
flycal312

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Starman
Sorry if this is obvious, but what's the fare bucket to be used for instrument supported upgrades (specifically, M+ award) on COPA? If I understand correctly, these are NOT *A upgrades, but rather CM is treated as if it were a UA flight for upgrade awards. I see R buckets listed on some but not all of their flights. Is the bucket the same for pure CM flights versus UA code share on CM metal?
The bucket that needs to be available is Z. It's a different process than the UA regional upgrades. There isn't a lot of z space available ime.

This process to get it registered in my 1 experience was painful. Although I rarely say this, it's usually better to have an ex-co agent and you might want to start by asking if they have ever upgraded on copa before. I've been told the process is similar to what was done between Continental and KLM back in the skyteam period when an agent had to 'cat' the reservation by creating a new reservation with a UA pnr that can communicate with the copa reservation. This once paid off when leaving from mvd and other 1ks were in the back when their CPU didn't clear but the regional cleared instantly.