FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - For quick help if possible: Questions re award booking, mixed J and F classes
Old Apr 7, 2013, 1:08 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks very much for the useful feedback, folks. From the sound of the CSR's accent, I believe I reached the SIN office...though the time I called was kind of early for SIN (perhaps 8 a.m. there?) I'll try calling again later, when it's definitely during the SIN office hours.

I wonder whether getting issue #1 (combining the J and F legs into one award booking) resolved got in the way of addressing #2 (the 15 percent discount). That is, perhaps if the CSR talked to a supervisor she focused more on #1 regarding combining the J/F itineraries, which she'd originally gotten wrong.

Does anyone know if the 15 percent discount for mixed redemptions is an official SQ policy that's published somewhere, or simply a courtesy? And if I run into a problem when I call again, should I ask to speak to a supervisor...or do supervisors not talk to customers at SQ?

Anyway, if anyone has further advice, I'd welcome it. I'll report back, regardless.

Thanks again!