FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COPA Upgrades for United members?
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2013, 5:15 am
coolcoil

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by sbm12
I did and I don't see that flag in my reservation; I'm not worried about it. It is a partner booking on the UA site, not a native one.
I know you have a lot of experience in this area, but I will confirm that you are correct. I often book COPA flights through United, and while the United site says "not eligible for an upgrade," the standard COPA upgrade process always runs.

The other thing that I will mention in case others need the information is this:

The United site will not let you select a seat. However, you can select you seat on www.copaair.com. You will need the COPA PNR, which is different than the United PNR. You can find the COPA PNR on the United site by looking at your reservation. The link is called something like "other information."

On the COPA site, click on "manage your booking." You enter your COPA PNR and last name. Eventually (it's slow) your reservation will appear, and you then choose "select flight preferences." Don't try this immediately after you book the flight on the UA site, as you cannot select seats on COPA until the flight is actually ticketed. I usually do it a day later.