FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS Bank of America (BofA) Visa: Retention/Conversion?
Old Apr 7, 2013, 2:25 am
rwinn

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Originally Posted by Majikow
Anybody else? I know BofA credit cards aren't popular, but there's gotta be some other Alaska Visa owners out there (or general BofA card converters).
I was going to convert from the "old" Mileage Plan Visa Platinum with companion fare to the BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa, but found that the new Platinum included a $50 travel credit for a reduced $50 fee... Called BofA (back in Jan?) and they agreed to do a product change and to credit the difference to my account.

BofA sent a replacement Platinum card, followed about a week later by a new Signature Card. I was also credited 1,000 miles as "BANK OF AMERICA SIGNATURE CARD ENROLLMENT BONUS 2" and I was credited a new companion certificate. This isn't exactly what I wanted, but I am fine with this outcome and suppose I can find a way to use the cert (even if it is restricted to coach.)