FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DM accounts being shut down, but tickets still active? [5111111111?]
Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:16 pm
epiding

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
DM accounts being shut down, but tickets still active? [5111111111?]

Hi, I have a question about suddenly a rash of my family DM accounts being shut down - they were used in the 'share miles 100% bonus' promo a few months ago. Just recently, my wife's account with a lot of miles were closed for some reason -- and she even had a US Air Barclay CC linked to it - and earned most of them via CC. And it wasn't any duplicate account - her only account - so not sure why it was shutdown. my only guess is somehow related to my recent activity 'buying' more miles from my account - and somehow they see them as linked?

Aside from the annoyance of it - i haven't contacted US Air directly because i still have critical summer award flights floating using the account's mileage booking. Whats the practice - do the tickets get cancelled too? the tickets are still active so far.

Also, i noticed that my award tickets now have a "51111111111" number inserted for the DM account field for the passenger. does 51111111111 stand for what i fear it stands for?

anyone have experience / thoughts?

Last edited by epiding; Apr 6, 2013 at 2:52 pm