FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Chances on Copa?
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2013, 9:08 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Upgrade Chances on Copa?

Predictably, my question got completely buried and lost in the far-too-fast-moving United forum, so I thought I'd ask the folks here who, you know, presumably actually fly Copa.

1. Are upgrades on Copa prioritized by fare class (like UA) or in strict date/time of ticketing (like some other carriers)?

2. As a UA 1K on a W fare ticketed yesterday and booked for next month on JFK-PTY-MVD and back (solo traveler, Wednesday south, Monday north), what are my upgrade chances?

3. As a UA 1K on a W fare with a companion ticketed yesterday and booked for September on JFK-PTY-MVD and back (Monday south, Monday north, seat map looks completely empty), how likely are my upgrade chances? I'm considering burning RPUs (4 total for the round-trip for both of us), but if it's pretty much a guaranteed upgrade for both me and my same-PNR companion, I won't bother.

4. Do the bulkheads on all of the 737-700s and 737-800s have a cutout so your feet (and possibly a small backpack) can go underneath the business-class seat in front of you, or is it a hard bulkhead that goes all the way to the floor?

5. Someone mentioned that SeatGuru showed row 18 as non-reclining on the 737-800. Since that is the rear exit row, I would be surprised if it did not recline, but I thought I'd check on that to be sure.

Thanks!