FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SDC rules change April 16; Increased restrictions incl same fare bucket availability
Old Apr 6, 2013, 8:49 am
dsldog400

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
My biggest use if SDC has been to move my connecting flight up. Many times my connection is scheduled with 3 to 5 hrs, sometimes even more. I know it's odd, the itinerary pricing out normally with a connection time that would be a stopover.

Sometimes the closer connection won't price because of fare classes, sold out, or within the illegal connection time for that location. I don't check bags, get as much info as I can before boarding my first flight, then head straight to the gate of my desired connection.

When I get off the first plane, I have a briefcase in one hand, a small bag in the other and my jacket flung over my shoulder. I don't use a smart phone, and can't free my hands to use it anyway. My MISSION: check board for next gate and walk, walk, walk. Don't stop for a candy bar, coffee or reastroom; don't make phone calls, just get to that gate.

I have my ticket ready and give my original BP to the GA. "No, I don't have any checked bags." I have always been taken care of, as long as the door had not closed. I've been become quite adept at making 10 minute connections.

I really resent DL using the gamers excuse for justifying these lame enhancements. I don't have time for that. If I get on that next plane, I am so happy. I don't even give it second thought that I sat in Y with a first or previously upgraded ticket.

I just used a seat whose value had expired at least an hour ago, and Delta got from me a later seat with time to sell it. And now they want to charge ME?

I can't wait to try my luck in late April.