FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]
Old Apr 4, 2013, 5:25 pm
GNALUZU

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by Pointsloop
Was there this past weekend...

Book the lowest level room, L suite. Even if you book the V, they will not upgrade you to H suite. You can easily see that they have H suites available online and they will still not upgrade you. Amex rep I spoke to said that the hotel is only obliged to upgrade you from low level to mid level even though no where in the paper work does it say that. Feel free to press the issue with them. Ask for rooms away from the AC machines outside the building.
Hmmm, I stayed there in December. Booked a couple of V suites. There were no H suites available so they put me in an E suite. My THEHotel Upgrade Post

They didn't make any mention of not being able to upgrade from a V suite to H. I think it just depends on the person at the desk. When we originally check in our rooms weren't ready. We got in a little early. The woman at the desk also said that there weren't any upgrades available. We went and had some lunch and then came back. I ended up speaking with a different person at the desk and she put me in the E suite.