FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VA Elevate Status Matching - Need in May
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:18 pm
Seat2C

Programs: United 1K, Delta Platinum Medallion, Starwood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by grt2106
I live on the East Coast, so unfortunately they don't do too many short hauls from here.

The status match would keep me flying VX over JetBlue (cheapest/many well timed flights) or Southwest (convenient) to go from NYC to LA or SF- even if it meant a slightly higher outright ticket price.

I suppose I'm flying with VX a few times a year- less when they can the direct SFO/MCO. I'm not so much lamenting the idea of having my status matched, just that I'd have until June to earn if I signed up this week, versus signing up a month ago where I only have until April. I've never received any benefit thus far with them- so yeah, it seems like a slightly messy match.
I understand completely.

I suspected that it was a benefit that you aren't able to take advantage of very often, since you are only on one flight over a two month period. I've done the same with a few programs that I knew I wouldn't use more than a couple of times.

The best way that I see VX working for someone who lives in New York or Boston is if they fly to LA or SFO often.