FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:42 pm
Daniel on the way
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
anyone get shut down? Do you guy ever heard of that?

Originally Posted by CFFrost
I keep a pretty small balance. It usually fluctuates between $10-$50 after transfers / bill pay. I do, however, keep any VRs I load to BB in the BB account for about a week before I do any billpay, transfer, etc - and I'll usually make a few small purchases with my Blubird card after a reload.

So, for example, I'll load $1000 onto BB on the 1st (for example). Spend about $10-$50 with the BB Debit over the next week or so. Then around the 7th-10th, either transfer to my bank account or billpay the card 900-990, depending on how much I want to keep in the account and which card I'm paying (if it is an AMEX I usually transfer, other cards I will usually pay directly from BB)

I've also made one or two (small) transfers from my bank account to BB, and had one cash withdrawal (without DD, so there was a fee). I was at a "cash only" bar where there were no other ATM's nearby. These are one-off occurrences, but I think they make an account less suspicious.