FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:21 pm
arlflyer

Originally Posted by ctbarron
Maybe this is the real issue - perhaps CVS does not have the inventory tracking system we suppose they should. I would fine this surprising, but I guess you never know. The ones near me are perfectly capable of running out of common prescription medicine for a day or two.
Interesting about the medication, though I don't see that much empty shelf space in general at CVS stores. Though employees I've talked to do make it sound like they have to actively re-order the product (not automated).

One additional twist is that in at least one place I went to it seemed that all gift cards, including reloadables, were being done by a third-party contractor. There was a dude there with a big box of various cards, just wearing a t-shirt. He said he was "the gift card guy", and he was stocking up the black Vanilla cards and green dots. Sort of like how Pepsi or Frito-Lay will stock their own section of grocery stores. Though then again, at another place a CVS employee was stocking them. So who knows. It's amazing that for such a big chain there is so much freedom store-to-store, but from what we see of inventory, purchase policies (no CCs, daily $ limit, etc.), etc., it does really seem that they have some leeway.

Originally Posted by ctbarron
I hit 12 CVS's late last week and over the weekend, all close to home/work/route-between in Fairfax County. All empty except the last one I went to, which had a stack.
I have yet to find a single VR anywhere in Arlington - just lots and lots of empty racks teasing me. Actually nowhere inside the beltway for that matter. I've always had to go to the 'burbs.