FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are best points to save up for flight from Malaysia to Canada (for a Cdn)
Old Apr 2, 2013, 6:19 pm
arcticbull

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by SAAG
The first trip (the one for which I already have enough miles saved in AP points) will be one-way.

After this, future trip could be round trips since I'd be flying "home" to visit family for a month or two, then back to SE Asia to live and travel.

Will have to search more for how it works to convert AP miles to US (assuming you mean US Airways? Sorry... not totally literate yet on the FT abbreviations... working on that!!)... I've found where you can convert US Airways points to AP, but not the other way around yet... will keep looking to see how it works, pros and cons etc.

If you have the time to write more, what is it about converting the AP point to US that you think is more beneficial vs. carrying on with AP?
You can send Aeroplan to US Airways via points.com at 1:0.85 if you have a US address on file. They're great at the moment since they only charge 90,000 miles round trip Business from North America <-> Asia1 (vs. AC's 125K) and they don't charge fuel surcharges, allow routing via Europe and a free stopover in Europe.

They are merging with AA so if you wanted to use their chart it would have to be sooner rather than later.

Also, 110K North America <-> Australia via Asia1 in Business.