FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old Apr 2, 2013, 2:57 pm
jatink129

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Sounds like this was probably a fraud alert from a combination of transfer between accounts followed by transfer to a bank account. The only other instance of a fraud alert for transfer to bank accounts that I've heard of is someone who had the same account linked to multiple BB accounts (I think it was a joint account linked to both parties BB accounts). I personally have transferred to my bank account numerous times, without any issues.

In any event, both instances that I have read of have indicated that it was a quick fraud alert and the account was quickly cleared. No longterm hold up of money or shutdowns. Certainly not enough to warrant an abandonment of usage of the service.
You're probably right...And there's no way I'm stopping but I'm just going to steer clear of bank transfers.
On a side note- Do you (and others) keep a balance in your BB account? Or just load and empty it out?