FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old Apr 2, 2013, 2:09 pm
ctbarron

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Interesting points, but still does not seem to add up considering I can walk/drive to literally dozens CVS stores in a 5 mile radius here in DC and find empty racks at every single one of them (sometimes 4 racks). Even if the managers are not particularly sophisticated or have sentiments that the product does not sell, one would think that CVS would have a sufficiently advanced inventory control system to note that this one particular SKU is evaporating within days, if not hours, of restocking!
Maybe this is the real issue - perhaps CVS does not have the inventory tracking system we suppose they should. I would fine this surprising, but I guess you never know. The ones near me are perfectly capable of running out of common prescription medicine for a day or two.

FWIW, I hit 12 CVS's late last week and over the weekend, all close to home/work/route-between in Fairfax County. All empty except the last one I went to, which had a stack. Displayed in the wrong place (under the iTunes cards) mind you. Frustrating to say the least.