FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA captain diverts flight, removes pax because of IFE complaints
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:38 am
GBadger

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I haven't seen the film, but it is only rated PG-13.

While I am sure every parent would like to see Cars and Shrek on the in-flight video, I don't believe showing a PG-13 movies is out-of-line.
Sorry, I disagree -- a PG-13 movie is out of line when there is a chance that a significant fraction of your passengers may be under 13.

I'm 33 and generally pretty lax about what I expose my daughter to, but Alex Cross is not appropriate for children under 10 (or even some children over 10, in my opinion). To show it on personal screens is one thing... To show it on the overhead where the entire aircraft is exposed to it whether they want to be or not is another.

I don't need Cars and Shrek, but there are lots of options that fall in between cartoons and graphic violence. My guess is that after you've seen the movie you might disagree with your own statement.