FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to assign F seats on CX on the 77W
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2013, 4:10 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by deso
Hi all,

I have the same experience with seat request on the 77W

I have make a cash booking, for First Class, no award booking, on a 77W. I can choose all seats, but not 2A or 2K, so I am now at 1A.

If I take a look at "manage my booking", I am now at 1A, but only 2D seems to be free?! But if I make a new booking, more seats are free, but not 2A and 2K, but you can choose the rest. I guess CX is "reserve" all seats for cash pax online.

One question, I have read seat 1A is a great seat and has no noise, but there was a pax writing about the light from the galley, do anyone has experience with this? I like a "dark" seat for sleeping, so should I better be move to 2D?

Any advise would be really appriciate
1A is a great seat on 77H. Generally the galley is quiet and the curtain shut. If for some reason the curtain pops open just let them know you prefer it closed - usually the're very embarrassed and will proactively keep it closed when they know it's important to you.

I've had a few times where cabin or cockpit crew are making noise in the galley, and frankly you'll hear it just as much from 2A as 1A. 1A is only a few feet in front of 2A. In that case you can also ask them to quiet down.

One small benefit to 1A (over 2A) is window placement. Both seats have three adjustable windows, but the first window in 1A is next to your head. Whereas in 2A, it's slightly forward of your head position, so when you have the seatbelt on in the upright position you have to lean your head forward. Thx to Dr HFH reminding me of that a while back. Although it's really pulling hairs - you can see out the window perfectly fine in 2A and 2K as well, just a little lean forward is needed during takeoff/landing. Both seats are great. And frankly, so is 1K and 2K.