FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to TLV or Eilat via Eastern Europe or Turkey?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 1:51 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by cagcag
You are correct. Flights from IST to AQJ are only on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, with return on those same days. TK flights from IST to SHARM EL-SHEİKH operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, with returns on those same days, if that is thought to be of interest to the OP.
I wouldnt touch Sharm with a 100 mile pole, way too many problems from many different partys in Egypt now. Dont even know if an Egpytian is safe.

AQJ should be OK , if the days TK flys works for the OP

* OP you are correct US only allows r/t's and not 1 ways. But if you were going to get ar/t tkt then via US is doable.

I would price out a PDX-IST & TLV-PDX tkt to compare it to the fare for a PDX-IST-PDX and then decide which is the best & cheapest way to book everything. Unfortuantely I dont know the sites for Charters. But 17,500 per person on TK using UA miles isnt a bad deal since its a very expensive tkt if not buyinga r/t. Then you will have to decide how to get to TLV from ETH fly or bus it, but before getting the TK tkt know the Fares for that since at times a 1way may be aot more then a r/t tkt, if it will be 1/2 of a r/t thats not too bad.

Theres alot to juggle around and I hope Ive been able to give you some help in setting yourself up to do just that. In the end only you can decide when it makes sense to use Miles or $$$, and what days you are willing to fly