FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TOD offered at ticket purchase
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2013, 2:47 pm
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by channa
Is it really one click and it's done? If so that is shady.

I would have thought it would take you to a confirmation screen before charging, no?
YEP - just one click. I made that mistake a few months ago & paid for a buy up from C - F. (NRT-SFO-JFK $3880) I was furious since I knew I'd clear with a GPU & was actually trying to click "UPGRADE W GPU" but clicked "CASH" instead. Took 2 calls to clear it up. First call I was routed to refunds (located somewhere in the Punjab) & I was told "no refunds under any circumstances". At least that's what I think he said as his English was atrocious. I called back & got a REAL PMUA HNL 1K agent who told me I never should have been routed by the other agent to refunds. She refunded it herself in 2 seconds. That was fine but what about everyone that's not a 1K or GS? It sounded to me like she was saying that's the reason she refunded it. Everyone else is SOL. UA can be down & dirty in the same league as Haliburton or Enron when it suits them

Originally Posted by Often1
Even if by some bizarre happenstance the popup box led to a direct charge, UA provides the full credit to original form of payment option under the DOT 24-hour rule.

I've never seen a US domestic carrier which goes to a direct charge without a last screen showing the details. Unless someone here has actual knowledge that this particular popup is different, I'd drop the outrage stuff.
That's inly for actual tickets. Not for extras, upgrades, luggage, etc

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 29, 2013 at 4:47 pm Reason: merge