FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:36 pm
IggySD

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by jwhuffman
can I get an update on what to expect at this hotel? I have a stay coming up this Friday? What should I be expecting being a Diamond member on an award stay?

thanks,
jwhuffman
I'm staying at the hotel once again this evening and everything is still pretty much the same as my last post. I've never used points but I wouldn't imagine they would treat you any differently here on an award night vs revenue.

You'll most likely end up with a river view room, Jr suite possibly depending on how busy the hotel is (I believe that's what they gave me on my first stay). Based on the lowest price available tomorrow night though they may be busier than normal.

In all honesty you probably won't be blown away by the hotel and it'll be pretty much a standard, pleasant stay. The rooms are fine, staff is all friendly and professional. It's the recognition and treatment I get (and really, it's nothing that extreme, just a true feeling of being welcomed) that makes me feel so positively towards the property.