FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:12 pm
saacman5033

I think we can all keep posts within the TOS if a little effort is made.

Why the need for name-calling whether the person in question is part of a big corporation or not, FTer or not? In any case, it is appropriate to thoughtfully and respectfully disagree with a blog's content or a blogger's point of view but not attack other members. Certainly there will be some grey area, but why not err on the side of respectfulness towards others?

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Randy sold out! Is saying so a TOS violation? His company is pretty big.
Literally true so no, as stated I don't see that as a TOS violation

Frugal Travel Guy loves affiliates more than information. He is part of a huge corporation. Is saying so a TOS violation?
As stated, yes I think that violates the TOS as it is defamatory and it challenges a member directly, not their point of view or blog content. I do think the statement could be reworded thoughtfully to convey the intended meaning without attacking the member directly.

In the meantime, back on topic, I see that the more selfish bloggers (I guess I can't say who since I might get dinged for violation the rules) got a $30 fare at the Phonecian killed this morning. Yay.
I don't see why you couldn't say something along the lines of:

"I can't believe this morning's post on blogger123.com highlighted deal XYZ. Seems like a sure way to kill the deal"

Maybe this seems a little silly in response to a post that could be read as hyperbole but I'm hoping we can keep discussion here respectful in what can be a very touchy subject.