FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old Mar 27, 2013, 4:09 pm
fmat

Originally Posted by travel light
BB is introducing checkwriting after a fashion.

It is only marginally useful. You have to "pre authorize" the checks online, at which point they withdraw the money from your account. They say it will take 2 biz days to pre-authorize larger checks.

You can order 100 checks for free until the end of May. There is a hefty fee after that.

The value in my opinion is that you can reduce the turnaround time if you were going to have BB mail you the check, which you were then going to mail on with a voucher to the ultimate payee, to make sure the payment was properly credited. Now you can skip the step where you wait for BB to mail you the check, and just send your own, with the voucher.

Go to the My Account" tab, click on the "order BB checks" menu item.
I did this for this first time this month and had BB mail me the check. I will use the check to pay my rent, what is this voucher you are talking about that has to be mailed with the check? The payee on the check btw is my landlord but I had it sent C/O to my address.