FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:21 am
Pausanias

Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
According to the email I received, the price for breakfast, lunch OR dinner and one activity per day is extra at USD 150 pppd which means USD 1660 / day on a 2-person-basis including taxes, so definitely not cheap. I don't think I'm ready to pay that.
I don't know why Aman quote a room rate and then quote a compulsory extra charge. Why not just quote an all-inclusive figure? I feel much the same way about the charges at Amanpulo - room only . . . so where are you going to eat off the resort for dinner?

I know Amansara looks expensive but when you start to calculate the cost of staying somewhere else (such as the Raffles across the road) it begins to look like a bit of a bargain, considering the quality and the intimacy of the place. At a Raffles you have to add on meals, drinks, transfers, tours and so on.

A day at Amansara worked like this: you get croissants sent to your room at 530am-ish. You go out on a tour just for you and your partner. You get back at maybe 8.30am. Have a shower or a swim, then have a proper breakfast. For lunch, things like cheese, fruit and a simple Chinese dish are included. At 330pm-ish you go out on another tour and return around 530pm. Someone has refilled the carafes in your room with your preferred brand of gin, whisky or vodka. Then you have dinner.

Not bad for the price, in my view. You don't get that at the George V and they don't have the climate or the ruins to drool over!