FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Narita Int'l. Airport (NRT) Layover & Hotel Master Thread
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:39 am
xiKiNGix

18+ hour layover at NRT

Hi All,

We arrive into NRT on 4/30 at 15:05 and depart on 5/1 at 09:50. We thought it would be a great opportunity to see Tokyo for the night and have settled on reservations at Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku. From my research it seems to be the best area for a quick stay?

Based on my search, it looks like we have 3 options to get into Tokyo: Narita Express, Limousine Bus and Standard Train. I read some threads discussing the options and the consensus seems to be split between Narita Express and the Limousine Bus. We had originally settled on the Limousine Bus as we felt it would be the least hassle, however, given our early departure, it doesn't look like we would get back to NRT in time to catch our flight (08:40 arrival to Terminal 1 from our Hotel). So now we figure we'll just take the Narita Express both ways, rather than walk to another hotel pick up station for the Limousine Bus.

I read you can make reservations for the Narita Express, but I wasn't sure how/if this was even necessary? My main concern is securing our return leg in the morning. My other concern is obviously the fact that we're not natives, but it looks like there are plenty of English signs to guide us? Also, if I read correctly a RT fare should cost 5500 yen per person?

Thanks in advance.