FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Group Bookings / Event Planner - How to get the points?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:27 pm
shoreline

Originally Posted by cummino
Thanks all, yes I did sign a contract with the hotel for the rate. Unfortunately it says "Event Planner" on it. But I didn't realise what this meant.

However I did make it VERY clear in several emails to them beforehand that "I also want to pay in full upfront and make all charges/points to one master account on my HH profile." and subsequently "Please confirm that the total will therefore be $5406 and all the points will be allocated to my HH account."

I'm going to appeal to the hotel, who I believe may be able to apply some discretion here.

Thanks again!

Pretty unlikely the hotel will change anything. According to what you wrote above is what you got (although you may not have understood what it meant).

Masterbills are not eligible to earn points.

It appears you had 2 choices:
1. be an event planner and earn points as you did, OR,
2. not to be an event planner and earn 10x points for 2 rooms only (per T&C of hhonors) if billed on the same folio (and the bonus from your double dip earning style, whichever you had selected in your hhonors account).

Event planner contracts are directly between you and the hotel. However, you do not earn 10x points on event planner contracts.

Unlikely to get anything done outside the 2 choices listed above (and with a signed event planner contract, the hotel may not be willing to change it at all).

Good luck, but negotiations with the hotel will likely be fruitless. You earned the same as any other member choosing to be an event planner (AND, from the response email you posted above, if I read it correctly,you ALSO earned points for your room, which may or may not be considered in the event planner points as well).