FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fuel Surcharges on EK Reward Tickets
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2013, 1:28 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rathin100
I think I've used it twice in the past 5 years. I get a corporate car when I travel and my organization has offices in over 150 countries so...

I just find it mystifying that ppl who buy revenue First and business tickets value the free taxi so much......
not everyone has a chauffeur provided by their company

I find the chauffeur a nice feature and one that has value to me and that value can be considered when comparing fares

On a Europe to NZ roundtrip I typically use around 12 cars.

1 in Europe
2 in Dubai
2 in Australia
2 in New Zealand
2 in Australia
2 in either Asia or Dubai
1 in Europe

The 4 in Australia are worth about $120 each to me ; even allowing $50 per car on the others that gives an actual value to me of $880

The Dubai stops tend to be discretionary stops, so even discounting those that is $680

$680 is not an insignificant amount and since I do not have a personal chauffeur is definitely something I value and will take into account when comparing fares between airlines

Also, in most locations ( NZ being an exception ), the cars are nicer than taxis , plus the car is waiting for me at the airport ( no need to queue for a taxi ) and , for pick ups, the services are ime v reliable and no concerns on whether the car is there on time

If I had a chauffeur provided anyway, then I wouldn't value it.

Last edited by Dave Noble; Mar 25, 2013 at 1:36 pm