FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I still buy Vanilla Reload card to load Bluebird?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:20 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by fangtl
#1 240 x 3.95 = $948 not $708.
#2 is correct.

But then one should ask themselves, is the $76 difference offset by gas, time, and other intangible expenses? So unless a FTer has a OD right next to a CVS, I can't see that being any more efficient.
whoops, that was an embarrassing typo.

The difference between the two schemes is less about gas and time and more about being able to throttle more VR cards through the CVS system without having your CC blacklisted or temporarily blocked.

Depending on how comfortable you are buying GCs at an office store with your Ink Bold (not an issue for those with multiple Ink cards), you could scoop up a large number of GCs in one visit, then find 3 CVS locations and run 1K or more through each, so you can push 2, 3 even 4K of spend through in one week and one visit.

I could do at least 2k of VR at my CVS with the right cashier, I just need to split up the transactions at 1k and let other people in line cash out in between.