FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:21 am
CVilleFlyer

Programs: Hyatt Dia; MR Gold; SPG Plat; UA Plat; US Silver, *A G
Just wrapped up a four day stay at the Hyatt Hill Country. The grounds of the resort were lovely, but I must echo others concerns that the property does some brisk business catering to families. We arrived the day after Texas Spring Break ended and undoubtedly would have had a much different stay if the place was overflowing with kids. Renovations were still on-going, though not hugely disruptive except at the spa (see below).

Location is about a 20 minute drive from downtown San Antonio and suited our purposes of needing a few days of R&R just fine. I am not sure I would use it as my base to explore San Antonio. The Adult Pool did not stay strictly adult, but I would imagine that during periods of higher occupancy, the rules would be enforced.

Used Diamond Suite upgrade and rec'd Hill Country Suite. However, upgrade remains in account so I would believe other reports that Diamonds are upgraded when availability. Room was comfortable and included a small mini-fridge. Rec'd $5 discount on resort fee to comp for free Diamond internet.

Despite having been told over the phone that the RC would be open, upon check-in we were informed that the RC was closed and breakfast would be in the SpringHouse Cafe (Buffet or a la carte). Breakfast was adequate and probably better than in the club. Service was excellent. Ate another meal at Antlers Lodge which was fantastic (excellent service, food, wine, etc) definitely worth trying out.

Took advantage of the Windflower Spa which was lovely. However, the renovations on the waterpark area are occurring behind the spa so the lap pool was a bit noisy and not a relaxing retreat.