FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station {NLD}
Old Mar 24, 2013, 5:16 pm
Prospero
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

East Dock Suite (1054)

Primer:
HHonors Gold, booked Queen Hilton Exec Balcony, Anytime Anywhere rate of €163.17. Allocated an upgrade to East Dock suite at check-in. The normal space available upgrade with this rate would be to a Junior suite with balcony but i'm certain the hotel manager was keen to push the boat out after an issue I experienced during a prior stay. Very effective service recovery as you can see below:

Photographs:

Let's begin with the essential espresso machine. Normally stocked with 4 pods: 2 regular + 2 decaf. Ooh! you can even see my reflection
Note, there are espresso machines in junior suites too. Standard rooms are stocked with instant coffee sticks

Minibar and coffee station
Complimentary mini-bar stock followed what appears to be the standard for Executive floor rooms:
1x can of Coca Cola (regular)
1x can of Orangina
2x bottles of Heineken
1x can of white wine (Yes! in a can)
1x bottle of spring water, sparkling
1x bottle of spring water, still
1x Hershey bar
1x stroopwafel
1x small packet of Lays crisps

Living area.

Corner view. Samsung LED screen, Apple TV and Bose surround sound system

Private terrace overlooking the dock and city beyond

Bedroom (the morning after the night before)

Workstation. iMac doubles up as TV

Bathroom - tub and walk in shower

C&E Citron branded toiletries

C&E Citron hand-wash at whb and another in the shower suggesting the previous White Company hand wash is being steadily replaced.

Ending with the fantastic view!!

Last edited by Prospero; Mar 24, 2013 at 5:39 pm