FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE [Master Thread]
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:49 am
wingless

Programs: FT Member # 642
Thumbs down I loved this hotel now I hate it

I frequent this JW when friends, business associates and family are in town. I have seen many rooms and ate at LA Market numerous times. I love to sit in the lobby in the mornings and people watch while I have my coffee but I will not be doing this any longer.

First off Chef Kerry needs to get back to her restaurant and make sure these people now working there know what they are doing. The food is mediocre to inedible. A couple weeks ago I had my eggs benedict come after 40 minutes of waiting to find that the hollandaise all coagulated and cold...it was disgusting. The server and manager apologized and compt my meal (I didn't eat it and was no longer hungry). Every time I go the service is so slow and I have to chase down a manager or server to take my order, get coffee refill or get my check.

Today the server gave us the wrong check and we didn't noticed. About 10 minutes later she found us at the front desk (that's another story) and said we paid the wrong check as if some how it was our fault. She said that the hotel would have had to eat the bill if she didn't find us. Well I only ate a spoon full of scrambled eggs and a couple pieces of bacon and fruit from the nasty buffet...I don't think the Marriott's food cost is going be affected. It was embarrassing how she treated us like we were thieves.

Then my friend need to go to the business office to print out some things and use their envelopes (because they don't have envelopes in the rooms) But it was closed and the business lounge is closed on weekends. Mind you that almost every weekend there are convention people staying there and today was no exception. Sure it's Sunday morning but the place was packed.

He eventually got an envelope from the front desk (concierge couldn't help) with a huge FAX label on it and in the middle of the envelope it said Guest Name and Room. He asked for one without all of the labeling but they didn't have it and said he could mark it out so he could mail it.

I then asked for a manager and told him our problem with the business office. He was one arrogant guy too. With a smirk he told us we don't have a need on Sundays to have the office open. I said the place is right now packed with conventioneers with their name tags. He said the Marriott finds that Sundays they don't need it open. My friend said well the Starwood properties stay open 7 days a week. The manager just smiled and said, "we don't run our business by what our competition is doing."

I would complain to the GM because I see him often if it's the same one that was at the Grand Opening but I got a feeling this is a Marriott problem in general.

Last edited by wingless; Mar 24, 2013 at 12:14 pm