FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unsolved issues with (Royal) AMbassador service over long time
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:23 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by shawntobi
I don't know UK1, but expect it is issues like that are frustrating.
Exactly.

My motive in starting the thread was simple. I'm hoping (optimism against common sense and experience ) that someone in IC might actually read this stuff.

For those that have around long enough either as Ambassador or RA there is an overwhelming level of circumstantial evidence that there is either a significant issue with central CS that management are either incompetent to deal with or are not bothered to.

There is an email contact issue (ie quality, responsiveness etc) and an issue with renewal kits being sent. It is difficult not to conclude (as there hasn't been any remedial action over the years) that they are purposefully not sending boxes until chased in a perplexing percentage of cases. It is greater than isolated incidents. And we had the long-term palaver a year or two back about the fulfilment house excuses. It is simply a matter of printing off labels and letters and sending out packs. Not rocket science.

They can't control how individual hotels respond to emailsao easily - fair enough - it's clear that hotels don't like receiving them as contact details aren't so easy to find - but they can control how they deal with customers directly. They don't appear to be that bothered. That is my main point.

And as you say, the other point is that both the Ambassador and RA programmes are inherently excellent if IC ensured that hotels didn't abuse the offer by (for example) creating ghost room classes to defeat the programme and cheat customers - and other cunning plans to cheat them out of the spirit of the programme. They don't seem that bothered centrally when informed. The problem is that we forget that IC sees the hotels as customers as well and they don't want to upset them.

The wider issue is that through this lack of involvement and care, ICHG are converting a group of hard won customers that were genuinely loyal and cared into defectors. Seems daft.

Last edited by uk1; Mar 24, 2013 at 6:37 am