FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best CPAP Machine for Travel
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2013, 6:48 pm
tentseller
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Davidwnc
For travelling I use the Transcend II. It's great. Small, not too loud, and even the transformer is not to big (I also have the bigger battery for the few occasions when I might need it. I use my old S8 elite for everday (it never moves from my bedside.) I like having a unit in a bag with all the accessories I will need ready to go (hose, mask, cord, transformer, battery, extension cord and universal plug adaptor.)

I guess I could use the Transcend II everyday, but to me it just seems too small and light for that. Perhaps because I started using CPAP's 20 years ago when you didn't have much choice, and units were much larger, I got used to big machines...so it's probably more of a perception of a problem, than a problem itself in using such a small light unit everynight.
As another long term (17yrs) CPAC user I have the same major concerns. The longevity and durability of a lower voltage motor in a small unit.

The Transcend is in the travel kit bag and it is a grab and go item when I need to head out.