FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Alfonso XIII, Seville, Spain [Master Thread]
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:22 am
remymartin

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Staying here currently and was upgraded to Grand Deluxe exterior view. Here's my take:

The good
+ fantastic location
+ beautiful building from both exterior and interior
+ lovely patio
+ good breakfast with an egg station, pastries, fresh fruit, cold cuts and bad Cava
+ reasonable prices at the American Bar. - cocktails nett 12, champagne under 90

The bad
- poor Plat recognition. No above and beyond (pressings, laundry) like so many other LCs. At check-in was asked if I wanted breakfast, Internet or points. I said my rate should include breakfast and as Plat I get free Internet. The local amenity was a fridge magnet, by the way...
- internet rates per hour, 3 or 24. No longer deals
- bellboy helped me AFTER check-in
- waited a long time to get service at the patio
- food was lukewarm and disappointing

My Grand Deluxe room
+ spacious, well furnished with one small sofa, 2 separate armchairs and a desk area
+ lovely high ceiling and chandelier
+ small balcony overlooking the King's palace and the pool
- 2 single beds pushed together, argh!
- toiletries and amenity kits a disappointment. I saw Hèrmes in the housekeeping trolley
- no shower, only a bathtub with an unfitting white curtain
- poor water pressure
- 1 small bottle of complimentary water PER night!
- minibar prices are crazy! 0.33L water (that you really need, see above) are 4.50 - and beer is cheaper!

Even after the negatives I still like this hotel. It needs to up service, though. Rates seem to vary a lot!

Thanks again AIMCL for the restaurant recs. Tried Albaramara last night and was impressed! Don't order paella, though, stick to the tapa!

Last edited by remymartin; Mar 22, 2013 at 5:36 am