FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comfort Suites Paradise Island
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:13 pm
wise2u

I found a better use for my 100K+ stash of choice points that I was reserving for Barcelo' all inclusive resort stays, until the discontinued their partnership (and blocked the last 2 months of availability after announcing it)... I dont know if it was choice or Barcelo' that was being cheesy....anyway after looking at this (Bahamas) property on TA I found a better one for an island beach stay: Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman...the reviews on TA make this sound like a truely exceptional CS, with a free hot breakfast and point redemptions at 16k until april 15, then 20k...it seems like a better option.
The complaints about limited food options, high prices, and distant beach accesss for the paradise island location put me off. Not knowing what fees are included also irks me... Grand Cayman has taxes and fees but they ARE covered by the point redemption. The only other thing they charge is a $8.80/day energy surcharge which may or may not be covered...I will assume it's not and will be pleasantly surprized if it is. I was looking for a place to just get rid of my remaining points as USA choice hotels are bottom rung in my book. If this place is as good as TA makes it sound, I may have to consider buying more if I get the chance.

If anyone has stayed at Paradise Island lately, please post if points cover the fees.