FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card
Old Mar 21, 2013, 6:54 pm
thehawk75

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by aegt123
How do you know that it's a full on ban. I have been cut out by GD but I can still use Moneypaks to load my Netbank account.
GD can't 'block your moneypaks' from funding any prepaid accounts, but, they can block 'specific' prepaid accounts from being funded by moneypaks.

When GD shut down my GD Prepaid card, I started loading MPs onto Serve. Thought that since GD was out of GD's control, all would be well -- wrong. GD obviously maintains a database of prepaid card numbers, and amount funded. After loading $3K over the course of 3 months, GD prevented me from loading to my Serve account. Serve account itself was fine (at the time), but, GD simply blocked my ability to fund it using their product. I could use the MPs on other prepaid cards (for a while) if I wanted, or, probably would have worked to AMEX and say my Serve card was lost/stolen and gotten myself a new card number. Of course all this just adds extra effort... Thus MoneyPak spending is not very scalable in comparison to VR.

Not saying GoBank is a bad means to manufacture spending, but, it is GD and they have EXTREMELY low tolerance thresholds as to what they count as 'intended use' of their products.