FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:41 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
jlemon, your answer's got my vote.

I was once booked on a Presidential Airways flight but my inbound flight on a different airline was late and I midded my chance. Another late flight caused me to miss my chance to fly an Arrow Air DC-8 in the mid-eighties.

Speaking of flights aboard secondary airlines that I did manage to successfully connect to, here's a bonus question:

Back in the fall of 1984 I did a combination plane and train trip that involved flights aboard six airlines I'd never flown before. I'll supply you with the city pairs and see if you can fill in the blanks as to the airline and aircraft flown. Remember, none of the airlines involved were majors, and only one of them is still flying today.

After flying from Los Angeles into Phoenix aboard an America West 737-130, I made my way north to Las Vegas where we'll begin the question:

19 SEP Las Vegas to Ontario ~ Airline:_____________________ Aircraft:____________________
25 SEP Seattle to Pasco ~ Airline:_____________________ Aircraft:____________________ (Hint: I flew on a prop)
25 SEP Pasco to Seattle ~ Airline:_____________________ Aircraft:____________________ (Hint: The leased jet involved was on short term lease.)
07 OCT Miami to St. Petersburg ~ Airline:_____________________ Aircraft:____________________
07 OCT St. Petersburg to Orlando ~ Airline:_____________________ Aircraft:____________________
18 OCT St. Louis to Kansas City ~ Airline:_____________________ Aircraft:____________________
I'll kick this off....

19 SEP - LAS to ONT

Airline: Sunworld International

Aircraft: DC-9-10

BTW, I do not believe that Sunworld ever flew any scheduled international services.....but they did operate a small hub at LAS.