FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyertalk, travels, etc thru the "eyes" of a FTer having Stage 4 cancer (Part 1 of 4)
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:43 pm
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by chemist661
2. At age 14-15, I collected stamps, coins and old bottles.
Brings back some good memories from the 60s for me. I had those blue cardboard folders full of pennies and nickels, but have no idea what happened to them over the years. Also had a decent Superman comic book collection that I wish I had held onto.

I worked with a sergeant at the PD in the 70's who would go out to some of the old Victorian homes in town and collect bottles from what used to be the sites of outhouses. He had quite a significant collection of bottles going back to the mid-1800s just from around town.

I did a little better with my first car as I got my dad to cosign for a new 1974 Pontiac Firebird when I started my first job (used it to commute to Sacramento State plus the ride to work). I do remember those Hornets you mention in part II (and Gremlins). The PD had a feet of unmarked AMC cars back then, either Matadors or Rebels. and the AMC brand was pretty popular.