FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "One Stop" at IAH Immigraton?
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:56 am
FlyingHoustonian

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Don't get me started on the red shirts...it seems like every airport employs the same group of yahoos for this service. Is there any common sense test involved? Wait, don't answer that...

Anyway back to OneStop, if the line is short enough it is nice my fellow travellers tell me (I haven't used it, I use GE) It does run you out the same exit that Global Entry uses if you have no checked luggage, which takes you through the secondary inspection area and out the door past where they do the US Custom's card pick-up. So it does save you the wait on the custom's side.

Int'l to Int'l pax on UA can also use it because UA has a deal with CBP at IAH (not sure if they do at other airports) where a pax on an int'l to int'l connection can check their bags all the way through without having to reclaim and recheck (e.g. LHR-IAH-BZE or CDG-IAh-MEX). UA talks it up often on their flights into IAH from overseas.

One still has to reclear TSA on the int'l to int'l connection sadly, but it is the closest thing to a positive int'l to int'l transfer in the US these days it seems.