FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:32 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by jlemon
Well, it has been a busy three weeks of business and vacation travel for yours truly to include flights into and out of LFT, DFW, IAH, LAS, MCO, MIA and TPA as well as Barbados (BGI) which is the home of a retired Concorde SST that is now on display. The best flight of the series was in the front cabin of the international version of an AA B757-223 configured with sleeper seats and AVOD (I believe American refers to this aircraft as a 75L) from Miami to Barbados. Great service! :-::-::-::-:

And further adventures were embarked upon from Barbados in the form of a vacation sailing trip in the Caribbean to Bequia, Grenada, Martinique, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Union Island as well as various islands in the Tobago Cays region of the Grenadine island chain. All in all, a great trip although I caught a cold at the end of it which I'm still suffering from!
Welcome home, jlemon!

I didn't know that AA had reconfigured any of its 757s for an International style First Class seat. Have you flown aboard CO/UA's or Delta's? How does it compare?

Sorry to hear about your cold! I've been having a marvelous time of late getting people all riled up over on another thread regarding a similar topic. They're not very happy with me over there but it's nothing a couple bottles of Robitussin won't assuage!

As to sitting in that 747 First Class cabin between Seattle and Toronto, you are indeed correct! Thai International it was, offering as fine a service as could be found over North American skies at that time. I have an old menu from that flight (It's in storage) that looks spectacular. First Class passengers should definitely bring their appetites!