FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have questions about baggage compensation? Ask an exAir France/KLM compensation agent
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:11 am
Mikke

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Most of us here fall into this category. Would you be able to post the formula for this? It would be very useful to know how much one (in a particular situation) can ask for.
Typically, with AF and KLM, if you are HC (High Contribution passenger), you can receive UP TO 900EUR without invoces if your bag is lost more than 21 days. If you are a normal passenger, UP TO 600 E

also, if you are a HC, we are not as strick with Timelimit, while a nomal passenger will need to file a claim within the above set time frames

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Trip can be the first half of a roundtrip ticket here, right? Say I fly AMS-ATL-NYC, and upon arriving in NYC i notice my bag got lost. It is then Delta (operating ATL-NYC) that is responsible, and not KLM (Operating the very last ATL-AMS leg of the roundtrip)
Correct. It is then ONLY Delta who is responsible for tracing of the bag.
Also, for compensation, it should be Delta...! However, AF and KLM accept these compensations as well, as a commercial gesture. But not many airlines do that for their passengers. Most would deny and ask the passenger to go to Delta