FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Lounge Access Based on Class of Service (master thread)
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:09 pm
BrewerSEA

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by armus
Last week I flew First on AA DFW->LHR, continuing in business / Club Europe on BA to CDG. The oneworld site suggests my long haul should have given me access to BA's first lounge in LHR's T5, but they denied me access and sent me to the business lounge. When I asked for clarity on the long-haul flight rule the agent said it'd have worked if I had flown on BA rather than a oneworld partner.
Did you try to access the Concorde Room or the Galleries First Lounge? The former only admits those flying/connecting from BA First (as well as BA GCH/Premiers) while the latter allows oneworld Emeralds and those connecting from oneworld First Class. If refused entry to Galleries First I would ask to see a manager and present this page (printed out in advance):

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul* and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa). (* a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours)
Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.