FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post Your Platinum Upgrade Failures [2013 - onward]
Old Mar 17, 2013, 2:06 pm
Flying Buccaneer

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Property: Sheraton Lake Buena Vista (Orlando)
Dates(s): Saturday night in early February for one night
Room booked: Deluxe with 2 queen beds
Room received (if different than above): Same
Award stay: No
BRG stay: No
SNA(s) requested: No
Comments: Hotel was fully booked and the clerk apologized that no suites were available.

Property: Westin Las Vegas
Dates(s): midweek for two nights in mid-February
Room booked: Traditional
Room received (if different than above): same, on SPG floor
Comments: Website showed only Traditional rooms available. Hotel waived service fee and offered 2 Platinum amenities.

Property: Sheraton Jacksonville
Dates(s): weekend in late February for 2 nights
Room received (if different than above): Traditional
Comments: Website had shown suites and club rooms available earlier in the day. When we arrived, it was sold out. I understand not being pre-blocked into a club room, but we were in room 232, not even on the SPG floor. To make matters even more interesting, the clerk told us that a two-night stay was not eligible for "Make a Green Choice," because we didn't get housekeeping on the day of departure anyway. Mmmm, OK. It was our third time at this property since it opened in 2009, and we were once again underwhelmed by the service.

Property: Sheraton Denver Downtown
Dates(s): Midweek in March (one night)
Room received (if different than above): Traditional
BRG stay: Yes
Comments: Was in Room 1735 with a view of Civic Center Park. I should have asked if upgrades were available when I checked in, but I got in after 8 p.m. and was leaving early the next morning. After I made the trek to the Tower Building and realized I was in a regular room, I looked online and saw Deluxe Corners, Mountain Views, and Suites. At that point, it wasn't worth it to go back to the front desk to ask for an upgrade.