FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entertainment Coupon Book Belly Up
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2013, 4:10 pm
Lavarock7

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Ahhh, the Entertainment Book. I first got one in about 1985 and ended up using 1 coupon. That coupon got me "two for the price of one" on a Windjammer Cruise and actually sailed the 282 foot ship under full sail and full diesel towards Bimini. The ship was subsequently lost during Hurricane Mitch. I took the sister of a friend, whom I had never met. The best part was when she said yes and we discussed cabins. Her choices were a "communal" cabin with 3 other females or share a cabin with me. I was surprised that she chose my cabin. One deserted island we stopped at is now a Disney location! The price of the book saved me many hundreds of dollars and I have stories and memories that well exceed any discount I got!

But I digress.

We used to offer the Entertainment books at the Public TV station on-air events and fund raisers and they were well received by members. Oftentimes users were not asked to see their card, and thus would pass coupons out to friends to use.

I always though they were a good value but would try to hold off buying one until they were discounted, then I would spend, spend, spend.

I would still be getting books but they do not offer any local deals for me in my location.