FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:52 am
belfordrocks

Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
Among the well established ones Jason Steele articles are by far the worst of them all. Don't get me wrong, if I had a blog I'd hire him too and get filler after filler of regurgitated "material" just to keep things rolling. Guy is a word ninja looking to sellout to the nearest outlet for a few bucks
^^^

Plus I wouldn't even call it well established... definitely not to the point of Gary or even Ben's blog I think... It's at this moment one giant advertising farm, trying to rope in as many marks as possible through tons of advertising deceptively dressed up as content. Too bad people still fall for it and give these people money to keep pulling the same sort of garbage on us.

Those people who have a real passion for flying and blogged about the joy of air travel (Gary, Ben etc) have earned the right to use affiliate links when they came along IMO. Otherwise those in the "boom" of bloggers entering the market post-introduction of affiliate links are just trying to milk as much money out of it as possible under the pretense of helping and deserve nothing but contempt.