FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:38 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
(note the above is a slight rewording of the older similar policy -- note it is now clearer concerning the case of multiple BF flights)
I'm shocked it took them this long to fix that. Bummer that they did, though.
Originally Posted by jatink129
Hello all,
Have any of you ever had any luck with getting UA to apply more than one Gift card to a transaction?

I have GC in various denominations ($150-$300 each) and would like to use them to pay for a $900 ticket, but the system won't let me, nor would the CSR.

Was wondering if there was a way around this?

Thanks.
Sometimes you can get the company to combine the old vouchers/certs into one new, larger one. But that takes time and a friendly agent. Otherwise no chance.
Originally Posted by italdesign
Not sure if this is a simple question (sorry if it isn't). I was looking at routing options from Indianapolis to Shanghai on award ticket. I see that stopping over at Hawaii is ok and doesn't cost any additional mile. However, when I stop over at any airport in Europe such as Frankfurt, Paris or Copenhagen, I get an error msg saying "We were not able to find any available flights for award travel meeting your requirements." (it will let me pick the US->Europe flight, but after that is submitted then the error appears).
If you can find the individual segments then call and have the agent assemble the award; online doesn't work well in some multi-city tickets.

According to this article (#7), "You can fly to Asia via Europe, but you need to stay within 15% of the Maximum Permitted Mileage on the route you are flying." Does this mean I have exceeded the MPM on this flight?
That applies to US Air awards, not United awards. United doesn't use MPM for award calculations.

-It's allowed, but can only be booked over the phone?
This is almost certainly the case in your situation.