FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-Rev really have priority on a SWU over a Plat???
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:29 am
HongKonger
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by WillTvl4Food
Originally Posted by davetravels
Wow! Who'd have ever thought! Shena on a nonrev BY a nonrev!

What's this world coming to!

Shena by non-revs to non-revs happens all the time...probably way more often than anyone wants to admit. That's why if you're in the gate area and you see someone staring at their phone/tablet/laptop, then at the gate monitor, and then back at their electronic device in a continuous loop, they're probably a non-rev watching the standby list to make sure Shena DOESN'T happen.

As a matter of fact, it happened to my partner last week, and it ended up costing him a seat on the flight. He still got home by connecting through DTW with an empty seat next to him on both flights versus a cramped middle seat on the non-stop he was trying to get on, but it cost him a few hours in the process.

And no...non-revs don't have priority over any revenue passenger for anything by policy. However, mistakes are sometimes made, and sometimes people do things they shouldn't, but that should be an extreme exception to the normal day to day operations of the airline. As for me, I'm just happy to get onboard and get to my destination in one piece. If there just happen to be leftover seats up front after all upgrades (complimentary domestic, SWU, whatever) have been processed, then I consider it a very good day.
+1