FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not a good year for Carnival - Another Ship with Problems
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:47 pm
DanJ

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
#1) Costa Concordia #2) Carnival Triumph #3) Carnival Dream.

"One time is a mistake, two times is a coincidence, and three times is a pattern."
Carnival Splendor would be number 1. The Dream doesn't rate mention with those 3 I don't think.

As for the passengers not being let off, I'd like to hear more about that. The passengers were certainly allowed off this morning, and are allowed to come and go as they please until their flight home, whenever that will be. The ship is fully functioning.

Did that passenger demand last night that Carnival put him up in a hotel and pay for his flights before they had a handle on what actually was happening? There was no real reason to start trying to line up hotels for everybody, and I doubt they could have anyway. If that passenger had said he's leaving the ship and not holding Carnival accountable for costs at that point, I'm sure they would have let him go no problem. Plus, I'm sure the port authority had a say in whether they were going to allow people back off the ship after hours. If they don't have the proper staff in place at night (have no idea what time this guy wanted to leave), then they aren't going to allow thousands of people to start wandering around either.